Wednesday, October 7, 2009

First Things First

I married my soulmate... my best friend actually. He's a guy who isn't intimidated by a little housework/yardwork, can cook up a great meal, isn't afraid to get his hands dirty, and knows his way around under the hood of my car. (wink, wink) .. no he really is good at working on cars, but I know what y'all were thinking...sickos ;0) Anyhoo, he completes me. We're blessed with 4 beautiful daughters (3 are my stepdaughters, but I don't like that word).  The youngest of the four, Maddie, was born last December and wow, what a rollarcoaster we've been on ever since. She's an amazing beautiful little girl who lights up my life. But there is a problem...she won't grow. The anxiety and frustrations that come with this are... well... you'd have to have a child with similar issues to fully understand the complexity of it all. We've had over 30 Dr's visits, not including a few trips to the emergency room and a hospitalization. She's been tested for everything from cystic fibrosis to metabolic disorders... all returning normal results. All they can tell us is she's hypotonic (less than normal tone and tension). Glad we're paying the big bucks for these Dr.s because my hubby and I pointed that out long ago....They just came up with the fancy name. We're still on a quest for answers (she has a barium swallow test at the local hospital next week). Hopefully that will explain what's going on during feedings. With all the tests she's been through, it hasn't phased her spirit! She is one happy smiley little peanut! And as for the 'low tone', ... Maddie is sitting fully unsupported and able to go from her tummy to a sitting position. This was something they said wouldn't happen for quite some time... SHE SHOWED THEM! Go Maddie Go ;0) She's up on all fours now too... I think she'll be crawling in no time!


No comments:

Post a Comment